Never Alone Again
Brazil Child Protection
In addition to the serious problem of child sexual exploitation, the city of Manaus and many others in the regions of Roraima and Amazonas are experiencing a strong migration by the people from Venezuela. According to reports from UNHCR, more than 52,000 Venezuelans have arrived in Brazil since the beginning of 2017, due to the complex and increasingly worse political and socio-economic situation that afflicts Venezuela.
People arriving in Brazil are therefore in desperate need of food, shelter and health care, in addition to international protection. The most damaged children and teenagers are the ones who, abandoned to their fate, spend the whole day on the street at the mercy of unscrupulous adults or who are forced to devote themselves to activities that exceed the limits of the law to survive.
In view of this emergency, the “Never alone again” project aims to provide a safe place, a shelter for the many lonely and homeless children, by organizing educational activities and recreational, artistic and sports workshops aimed at strengthening cognitive and aptitude skills. In addition to the more educational aspect and an after-school service, the project provides psycho-social support to children, especially in the case of sexual abuse, and to their families in order to better take care of them.
Goals of the project
- To encourage the right to education, health, food and play
- To support children from 3 to 5 years in the educational and school path, also guaranteeing them a daily food support
- To support families in taking responsibility for their children
- To promote economic independence through microcredit
Beneficiaries of the project
- 60 children and teenagers living around the center of Manaus in vulnerable situations: these are mostly “refugee” children and asylum seekers who are forced to devote themselves to abusive street work.
- Family of assisted children.
What you can do
- € 50: you can guarantee a child’s snack for a year;
- € 100: you can contribute to the purchase of materials for educational activities;
- € 200: you can help ensure psychological assistance to a child for a month.