Brazil Child Protection - Education and Training
The project will provide legal, health and psychological support to children and teenagers who have been victims of sexual abuse. Reporting all cases of abuse to the local authorities is of fundamental importance in order to protect abused children and guarantee their rights. Group sessions with health workers, psychologists and a social worker will help the victims regain their own psychological and physical identities, using a cognitive-behaviour therapy.
Goals of the project
- To reduce the number of episodes of child sexual violence.
- To provide health and psychological assistance to abused children and teenagers.
- To guarantee legal protection for minors who are victims of sexual violence.
- To improve interpersonal relationships and school performance.
- To help a collaborative network with active groups and movements in the fight against sexual violence.
Beneficiaries of the project
- Direct beneficiaries: 60 children and teenagers between the ages of 8 and 14.
- Indirect beneficiaries: family members of the victims and / or people who accompany the children and teenagers living in institutional reception centers.
What you can do
- $10: will contribute for the teaching material;
- $15: will contribute for the poorest families transfer to the center and back;
- $25: can contribute for the experts salary;
- $50: will provide first medical care to a child for a month;
- $100: will provide psychological support to a child for a month;
- $200: will contribute for the legal protection of an abused child.