Let’s eat together
D.R. Congo Child Protection - Health and Nutrition
The Democratic Republic of Congo is one of the poorest countries in the world, where cases of maternal and infant mortality are extremely widespread and common. Malnutrition is one of the most common causes of illness: due to wrong eating habits, poor hygiene conditions, the spread of infective diseases, and the lack of awareness and information before and after pregnancy time, it is difficult to reduce the mortality rate.
The project ‘’Let’s eat together’’ aims to promote the right to food and nourishment. By involving mothers, many activities aimed at prevention and at the fight against malnourishment are in place. We want to guarantee the right assistance and a specific therapy to the littlest ones. The children seriously affected by malnutrition are supported by periodical checkups and fed by a specific nutritional supplement made of fats, vitamins, minerals, proteins and carbs. When possible, the most critical cases are relocated to the appropriate institutions, while continuing training and education for mothers on nutrition, hygiene and disease prevention. Up to now, we have saved about 100 children from malnutrition and associated diseases.
Goals of the project
- To prevent premature death of children due to malnutrition.
- To promote the right to Food.
- To raise awareness of good food practices.
Beneficiaries of the project
- Children suffering from malnutrition and / or undernourishment and their mothers.
What you can do
- €50: You can guarantee supplements for a child for a month;
- €100: You can grant medical check-ups to a child for a month;
- €200: You can guarantee the hospitalization and cures for a child in need.