Health to life
Benin Child Protection - Health and Nutrition
The project takes place in Kpossegan, a rural village of about 1,000 inhabitants where the population is in extreme poverty and lives essentially on agriculture and pastoralism; however, these activities barely cover food needs, often reduced to one meal per day.
The dispensary, that we built in 2007, aims at improving children’s health conditions, both those who live in the village and those who live in neighbouring areas, with particular attention to pregnant women. In addition to visits to the dispensary, prevention campaigns are carried out in the area aimed at raising awareness of the population on health and nutrition issues, thanks to the collaboration with some Italian doctors.
For some years now, the dispensary has signed an agreement with the nearby children’s hospital L’Abbraccio di Sokponta, in order to facilitate the transport and hospitalization of the most serious cases and to coordinate preventive awareness actions in the area.
Goals of the project
- To provide basic medical treatments for all the inhabitants of the village
- To provide clean water for the primary school and the ambulatory
- To promote hygienic-sanitarian education to fight diseases.
Beneficiaries of the project
- 400 children in the village, more than 800 children in the surrounding villages and the adult population (for a total of about 3,000 people).
What you can do
- €50: You can guarantee the vaccination of 10 children;
- €100: You can guarantee access to the school canteen for a child for a year;
- €200: You can support the activities of the local nurse for two months.