Eritrea Women's empowerment - Education and training
Recurring droughts and the poverty of the land make living conditions very difficult for most Eritrean people and, as is to be expected, women and children are seriously affected. The prolonged absence of husbands do to the mandatory military draft has contributed to the increase in woman-led families. Women suffer from post-natal mortality, insecure abortions, female genital mutilation, and sexually transmitted diseases such as HIV / AIDS. If to these we add that women analphabetism approaches 53%, compared to 30% for males, it is easy to understand to what risks these women and their families are exposed.
Thanks to the “Good Mom” project, we support the education of these women with themed training courses concerning pregnancy and childbirth, sexually transmitted diseases, nutritional principles, childcare, personal and environmental hygiene. Aleimar has already financed five seminars for the duration of 10 days each in three different villages, for a total of 360 young mothers. The results have been so satisfactory that we are going to promote the experience for at least three more seminars in as many villages.
Goals of the project
- To support women exposed to precarious living conditions.
- To promote training courses on important topics for young mothers.
Beneficiaries of the project
- 360 moms in three villages.
What you can do
- €50: You can grant a formative kit to five women;
- €100: You can grant an entire workshop to a mother;
- €200: You can contribute to supporting the teachers of the workshops.