Community at the center
Etiopia Education and Training - Women's Empowerment
The village of Gubrye is only 175 km far from the capital city Addis Abeba, in south-west Ethiopia. In Gubrye, there is no aggregation center nor any particular structure for the socialization for the community. Any recreational and sport activities are largely self-managed and many children do not go to school due to economic problems. Women, mainly for religious and cultural reasons, have a very limited social role.
The project aims to support education and to encourage an active role for women in the community, through the realization of structure offering an after-school service and classes of literacy teaching. In addition, we intend to promote socialization and education meetings aimed at women on the topics of nutrition and personal-environmental hygiene, and initiatives for young people such as catechism and youth club activities. Moreover, provisions have been made for a small canteen, in order to give the poorest at least a meal per day.
Goals of the Project
- Women’s empowerment in the family and the community.
- Encouragement of children and teenager’s education.
- To promote socialization among the community members.
- To create areas for recreational activities.
Beneficiaries of the Project
- Children, teenagers and women of the community.
What you can do
- €50: You can guarantee access to the school canteen for a child for six months;
- €100: You can guarantee after-school services and an alphabetization course to a child for six months;
- €200: You can support the activities of teachers and educators at the center.